I love art.
The medium of glass for me is where passion meets natural aptitude.
Here is a list of loves that I thought would turn into my career:
- Massage Therapist
- Pen and Ink Illustrator
- Snowboard Instructor
- Gallery Sales Girl
- Concert Violinist
Thankfully, I can recognize when something just isn't going to work out. Once a year, from age 19-23, I moved to a new place with a new dream. After making the cross country drive 3 times, I landed in Southern California.
Another whim hit and I took a trip to Kauai.
The island resonated with my personality and I started thinking of a path that would lead back to the Garden Island.
I learned glass blowing to create a job for myself on Kauai.
One year later, in August 2003, I relocated to Kauai and have lived here happily ever since.
Rosemary Glass officially became a business in 2004.
10 Things you might learn about me when we become friends
- Driving freaks me out. I do it daily, but would much rather cruise as a passenger.
- I don't eat meat, but love the smell of a barbecue, so please invite me.
- I have two non-traditional piercings and three tattoos. One of these I regret.
- My never-fail good music is…anything by Will Smith. Start with "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It".
- I am left handed. It may not amount to anything, but this trait helps me feel special and artistic.
- Lightning scares me. During a storm, I only feel safe in a room with no windows or plugged in electronics.
- I used to draw trippy artwork (see failed career paths) and sell glossy prints in the parking lot of Phish concerts.
- I got the idea for my daughter's name from a local television commercial.
- My favorite mom activity is baking. My least favorite mom duty is messing with car seats, especially untangling straps.
- As a young girl, I dug up earthworms. After the catch, I would assign names and seal it with a kiss on the worm's head.